The Hand Current Advances in Assessment and Treatment , Course Objectives
Proper wrist and hand function is integral to nearly all daily life functions. An injury whether due to repetitive stress, disease or soft tissue damage makes work, sports, household, or leisure activities both stressful and painful. The care of the hand and upper extremities has long been a challenge to physicians and therapists and in order to restore function and mobility it is paramount to have a thorough knowledge of the anatomy and biomechanics of the wrist and hand. This relational understanding allows the therapist or clinician to grasp the intricate balance of the mechanics of the hand and wrist and to suggest appropriate strategies for functional improvement. Such a framework lends itself to designing treatment plans that increase patient lifestyle satisfaction while improving clinical outcomes.
This course will cover the fundamental principles for evaluation and functional progression treatment of the wrist and hand. The architectural framework of the wrist and hand will be presented as the basis for treatment interventions designed to improve function. Improving patient outcomes will be facilitated through increasing your knowledge of the delicate and complex anatomy and kinesiology of the wrist and hand. Recurrent hand and wrist conditions including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and their treatment will be presented through actual case studies.
- Discuss the anatomy and kinesiology of the wrist and hand
- Perform a detailed wrist assessment
- Identify the most commonly encountered pathologies of the upper extremity
- Implement the appropriate treatment techniques arising from the wrist and hand
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of the relationship of the components of the upper extremity.
- Administer effective diagnostic tests to prescribe the most accurate treatment interventions.
- Apply best practice hand therapy protocol to better clinical outcomes.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Doctors of Chiropractic
Buy the paperback version (2-5 Days) or Kindle Version (Instant)