Total learning: 1 lesson / 1 quiz Time: 52 weeks
Balance and Fall Prevention in the Adult Population , Course Objectives
- Describe the “least toxic” intervention for an arthritic knee.
- List at least 2 inpatient risk factors for falls
- List 3 fall prevention interventions for community dwelling adults.
- Describe 3 factors to screen for fall risk factors
- List at least 1 difference between the characteristics of the patient diagnosed with Parkinson’s and the patient diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- Describe the “6th vital sign”.
- List 3 educational topics to discuss with the patient with fall risk
- List 3 home modifications which could be made to decrease the risk of falls.
- Describe at least 1 method to add cognitive enrichment to a balance task.
- Describe at least 2 methods to train proprioception as described by the course contributor.
- ist at least 3 testing items on the Berg which can be used as training drills.
- Describe at least 1 bed-based drill that was described during the training.